Designing a Healing Environment by Removing Stress Barriers
- According to the American Psychological Association (APA), 71% of Americans say that they are at their lowest point mentally and emotionally.
- Additionally, the APA states that 1 in 4 health care workers have been seeking emotional support since the start of the pandemic.
- One third of all Americans have clinical anxiety or depression, according to the United States Census Bureau.
- Stress has a profound influence on health and is linked to coronary vascular disease, obesity, diabetes, and autoimmune disorders (Djuric et al., 2010).
- Stress is also a key link to social determinants to health (Prather, 2020).
Topics: Stress | Stress Management